1) To register your username and blog, go to the CILC Blogs homepage, and click the Register button.
2) On the registration form, enter a username and your @oberlin.edu e-mail address, the read the terms and click the “I Agree” box. Make sure the “Gimme a site!” radio button is selected.
3) Click on the Next button, and enter a name and title for your site.
The name is the part that goes at the end of the URL for your site; if your site's URL is http://languages.oberlin.edu/blogs/mysite, then your site name is mysite. Your site name must be unique, can only contain numbers and letters (no spaces or punctuation), and cannot be changed once you have created it. Chose carefully!
The title of your site can contain any types of characters, including punctuation and spaces, and can easily be changed after the fact.
Also pay attention to the privacy options on this page; choose Yes if you want your blog to be easily findable via search engines (e.g. Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, etc) and choose No if you do not want your blog to be easily findable via search engines.
4) Click the Signup button, and you will receive an email with a confirmation link.
5) Log into your Oberlin email address and click the confirmation link. Once you've clicked this link to confirm your email address, you will be provided with your initial CILC Blogs password, and can log in immediately to your new blog. If you do not click the confirmation link within two days, you will have to re-register.