1) To register your username, go to the CILC Blogs homepage, and click the Register button.
2) On the registration form, enter a username and your @oberlin.edu e-mail address, and make sure the “Just a username, please” radio button is selected.
in the case of the Dirty Wars and Democracy class, please use your avatar's gmail account NOT your oberlin.edu account
3) Click the Next button, and you will receive an email with a confirmation link.
4) Log into your Oberlin email address (gmail for the Dirty Wars class) and click the confirmation link. Once you've clicked this link to confirm your email address, you will be provided with your initial CILC Blogs password, and can log in immediately.
5) Keep in mind that, when you sign up for a username only, your ability to do anything will be very limited until you have either created a blog for yourself or added yourself to an existing blog.
1) Go to the CILC Blogs homepage.
2) Click on the Log In button.
3) Enter your username and password into the boxes and click Log In. If you have forgotten your username or password, click the Lost your Password link and follow the instructions to change your password.
If you are not sure where to find the blog for your course, visit the Course Blogs page, where all current and previous course blog links are listed.
To find blogs you have created for yourself, as well as course blogs to which you have already added yourself, log into CILC Blogs and hover your mouse over the My Sites icon near the top left corner.
Some courses require you to write posts directly on a central course blog. To do this, you will need to add yourself as an Author to that course blog.
1) Make sure you are logged into CILC Blogs, then visit the central blog for your course. Remember, if you are not sure where to find the blog for your course, visit the Course Blogs page, where all current and previous course blog links are listed.
2) Look for and click the “Add Me” button – it is usually on the right side of the blog homepage, near the top, but it may also be on the left, or even at the bottom of the homepage. Once you have clicked the button, the page will refresh, and your course blog will now appear under the My Sites menu.