April 8, 1968- Catalina

April 8th 1968,

Hi! My name is Catalina Rodrigues Morales. I am 7 years and 11 months old. I am writing in my new journal that mama got me as an early birthday present! She told me I can write whatever I want in it. Mama is very nice. She and Papa work a lot farming on the land, but she always makes sure I am happy and prays with me at night. I like the way her hands are all dirty from the ground. I also love Papa. He farms all day and is very smart. Papa helps me with my schoolwork. I am in the second grade! We are learning how to add. It is hard but Papa helps me. Papa says I will be smarter than him soon. I have a friend at school, her name is Sofia. Sofia and me like to draw together. Sofia lives with her mama and her grandma. Sofia doesn’t have a papa like me. Mama tells me to pray for sofia sometimes.

Mama tells me it is time to sleep. I’ll write again soon! Goodnight!

catalina

1 thought on “April 8, 1968- Catalina

Hola, Catalina. You sound like such a smart little girl! I can’t wait to hear more of what you have to say. Tell me all about you – what you like to do, what you and Sofia do when you’re not drawing. I wonder where her father is? But, that’s for another time. Obey your mother and go to sleep!