Hola from Santiago Chile

Dear Journal,

Hello, my name is Alexei Romero Sosa and the year is 1967.  I was born in Santiago, Chile in 1945.  My father General Guillermo Sosa is a General in the Air Force and is from Antofagasta, Chile.  That is where he met my mother Jesusita Romero.  My mother does not work, but that does not keep her inactive.  She is a devoted Catholic and avid reader.  My father on the other hand is as atheist as they come.  Now, on to myself.  I am a 22 year old student studying in Santiago.  I enjoy playing soccer both for fun and competitively.  As a soccer fan, I am still buzzing last years world cup!  Hopefully, one day, the world cup will come back to Chile.  While soccer is a big part of my life, religion is a big part of my family’s, mostly on my mother’s side.  I was born Catholic, but I feel I am still finding my way with religion as a whole.  Growing up, I felt my family was more of a middle class family.  After my father gained the status as General of the Air Force, our socioeconomic level definitely jumped.  I feel I am lucky enough to have experienced both sides of middle and upper class living.  Welp, it’s time for me to go.  I have a pick up soccer game to catch!

1 thought on “Hola from Santiago Chile

Hola, Alexei. Good to hear from you. It must be interesting to have a father in the Air Force, and a general, no less! Tell me something about him. And you, too. What are you studying? The World Cup was incredible. I’m a big fan of England; never thought they’d be able to beat Germany. Tell me more what it’s like to have a father in the military. You must be very proud.